BWH Celebrates Good GCSE Results
24 AUGUST 2017
Blessed William Howard Catholic High School is delighted with the GCSE results received by its students today.
Mr Phil Smith, Headteacher, commented, “In a year of significant change we are immensely proud of the positive results achieved by so many of our students. Despite all the confusion caused by the rapid pace of change in education I am very proud of all our students. The teachers in English and mathematics have responded magnificently to the many changes thrown at them; there were nine of the new grade 9s achieved in these subjects, four of these in English and 5 in mathematics. Our other subject areas have seen great success in the more traditional A*-C grades: RE, which all our students take - 73%, music - 86%, history - 92%, geography - 83%, French - 78% and Spanish 82%. This represents excellent outcomes in these academic subjects.
Well done to all.”
Top performing students include
- Sam Collins [one 9, two 8s, four A*s, two As and one B]
- Blandine Guillet [two 9s, one 6, five A*s, one A and one B]
- Daniella Horton [one 9, one 8, one 7, four A*s and three As]
- Evan Jones [two 9s, one 6, two A*s, three As and two Bs]
- Emily Murray [one 9, one 8, one 7, four A*s and four As]
- Cameron Webley [one 9, two 8s, three A*s and four As]